The Zero/Mystery Black and White tour is still in full effect. Check out the Blackbox site for daily photo updates.
1. You were in Scotland for a bit and now your back in sunny San Diego again. How was it back home, and are you hyped to be back? It’s deffenetly good tay be back mate that’s fur sure, it’s just a whole deffrent way of living back there yay know. The skating over theres so good man theres alota shit tay get intay, but it aint SD mang!!!
2. I see that you got a wheel for Spitfire. Damn that’s sick! Tell us a little bit about your wheel and how that came about? Mate am so stoked on the wheel. It looks great. Those lads at deluxe aint fucking around. Just let me tell yay that much. I like the way av got a black eye that’s SICK. Am fucking hyped on that fur sure!!!!
3. Since I met you 4 years ago skating at the Poway park, how has your life changed since being here in the states? Coung, that session was sick man !!!!!!!!! Wont be forgotten, but mate shits sick now. Av got it some what sorted now. I was sleepn on couches fur way to long dude, but check it, lets go tay Poway this coming week!!!! Hell yeah.
4. I saw the new Creature vid. Pretty epic! I noticed that everyone got some runs in at your local park, Livi. How was it growing up skating Livi? Has skating there helped how you skate today? FUCK YEAH. Its made me exactly wat I am tday. I’m a SLAVE tay the crete, and I fucking love it.
5. Fatherhood. How’s that treating you? Pretty damn good so far mate. It’s a hard day in the Graham crib like that’s sayin the least, but it’s so RAD ad never change it fur the world.
6. I’ve noticed that you listen to a very wide range of music. If you still had your Ipod, and you were about to shred the bridge, what song would you put on first to get you hyped up for the session? That’s way hard tay answer, but am fucking blasting Sabbath right now through these sick ass ear phones a got, Sabbath bloody Sabbath fuckers...
7. Now that you’ve lived here for a bit, what do you think are the differences in growing up in the UK skating opposed to the kids growing up skating down here in sunny California? Yays kin go skate wen ever yay want. Ya jammi cunts. Yays seriously have no idea how lucky yays are!!! Tay wake up Christmas morning fresh Santa setup knowing its like fucking 70 fucking degrees yay shitting me!!!! GOD.
8. You were telling me that you use to skate street quite a bit when you were younger, how often do you street skate these days? Absalutely never. Am way tay big fur that shit man. Ad just die straight off the bat. A get stoked as fuck though wen we aw get in the van and go skate mish. Yay never know man a might hit a rail in AZ cumin up dog DONT TRIP.
9. Are you ever going to go back and conquer the mega ramp launch again? Dude you had it. Seeing that first hand is knar buckles. Its the biggest ramp av ever seen in my life mate, nay shit. The shits MEGA. Danny, Peirre, Jake and T Mag, yays are aw MENTAL !! But ad like tay try again maybe someday It doesn’t scare me. Coung man yay know, it’s aw about knowing yiv got it!!!
10. That story you told me about the dude back home calling you Troy is pretty classic. You got quite a few tats brotha. What was your first one, and how psyched were you when it was finished? Man the first tattoo a got was the Blind reapor guy wen a was 16 , but the troy shits gotta stop man it says SKATE AND DESTROY. Fucking troy yay kiddin me !!!
11. One last question. Name 5 skaters that you’re hyped on from present or past that are influential in your skating. Recently am gettin more hyped on David Gravette AKA baby lamb. Shuriken Shannon of course, the fool so much fun tay cruize wit. Jeff Grosso fur damn sure wen i got tay go on that trip tay Oregan I couldn’t believe a was in the same crew it was TIGHT. I really fucking like Nick Dompiere, that dude shreds. Shit its sick, naver met the guy yet though but al shake that fuckers hand one day. Ok last one MMMM wee BENSON fay Livi skate park Scotland, he’ll be out here soon !!!!! BEWARE HE’S COMING FUCKERS HE’S COMING WITH RATH!!!!!!! peace oot peeps.
Check out Lusk extending this superman flip. Lusk is getting ready for the second stop of the Dew Tour this upcoming weekend in Cleveland. Full update of the event including photos and video next week. Will Lusk better his 5th place finish from Baltimore? My money says YES.
James and Garret recently got back from Europe bringing back a bunch of footage for the new Osiris video as well as some cool park clips zero posted on their site, check them out HERE
This past weekend, Osiris team riders, Corey Duffel, James Brockman, Clint Peterson, John Rattray, Stu Graham and flow rider, Tom “Grom” Remilard hit the open road, destination, Arizona. The plan was to brave the 100+ degree, stale, dry heat, do some instore signings, evening demos and night time filming missions for our upcoming video, Feed The Need. We were warned that it was the beginning of monsoon season, and that we should expect rainstorms every night. Although it did rain a little bit over the course of the weekend, the heat was our biggest obstacle. Most days were spent poolside, or watching TV in the hotel room. Russell taught Clint a few elementary Photoshop skills, and the result was all of our heads being arranged on objects ranging from obese babies, to lizards. Once the sun fell Friday night, we made it over to the Gilbert Park for a demo and the first annual 5th Street Rollers “High Ollie Challenge”. The turnout was great, the demo was fun, and although Corey was not registered, he definitely had the highest ollie around. Thanks to Jeremy from 5th Street Rollers and his staff for showing us a good time. Following the demo, we hooked up with the Skateboard Mag’s Matt Price along with Osiris flow rider, and all around awesome dude, Aaron “Jaws” Homoki.
Jaws came alive on this trip and treated us to handrail attacks as well as pool shredding. Great to see you Jaws, you’re a classic guy to have on every session. Saturday night we had a signing at Utility followed by a demo at the Tempe Park. Tempe had a lot of local skaters on hand, and all of the Osiris team was shredding the park and having fun with kids. The rains came about mid way through the demo, but everyone skated until the course got too slippery, and then took a break to enjoy some pizza. Thanks Bob for providing the food and drinks, we had a lot of fun. Later that night we went to a bar, where our old friend and all around ripper, Andrew Cannon hosted Saturday night karaoke. We all took a crack at singing some tunes, but in this case, the locals blew our crew out of the water. One man in particular, let’s just call him “The Dude” due to his striking resemblance to Jeff Lebowski, knew what he was doing on the mic, but was actually Andrew Cannon who stole the show! Well done, Andrew, it’s always a pleasure hanging out and skating with you. The following day we had a signing and demo for Industrial Ride Shop at the Peoria Park followed by a shoe clinic at an arcade and restaurant known as Jillian’s.
The demo had a huge turn out, and the guys were enjoying the incredible park. Most of the skate action was taking place in the pool towards the back of the park where onlookers witnessed Stu, Tom Grom and Jaws ripping that thing to shreds. After the demo, we met up with Doug Butcher from Industrial and his regional store managers to preview the Osiris Holiday line, have some dinner and play games. Everyone had a lot of fun challenging each other to air hockey, pool, basketball, and video games until we had our fill. We then set out to do some late night street skating that had the crew out and about until 6:30am before calling it a night. These AZ summers are ruthless, so behaving like a nocturnal creature becomes pretty standard. All in the entire trip was a success. Everyone had a good time skating, shard some laughs, and surprisingly, no one fainted from heat stroke. Special thanks to Tom Wilson, Mark Voigt, Chris Brown, Doug Butcher and the Industrial Staff, Bob at Utility, Jeremy at 5th Street Rollers and all of the skaters for coming out to skate and show us a good time. See you all again once the temperature drops! Feed The Need, Mike Fitz
- Shuriken Shannon Photo: Donez
The first part of Black Label's Walk the Line tour has come to an end. The final stop of part 1 and the first stop of part 2 was a demo and signing at Sun Diego in Mission Beach. To find out locations and times for the rest of the stops check out the Black Label site, and for random photos and posts you can always check out the Transworld site.