1. I heard you're in the middle of moving--where are you moving to and from? I’m currently moving downtown San Diego from Carlsbad (surf town to city). I’m really looking forward to skating and finding new spots. Getting busy right now filming for the Osiris video--finishing up my part on a good one.
Film. Skate. Shoot.
2. How was your time in Amsterdam on that last trip with the Osiris guys? The Osiris trip to Amsterdam was amazing. It was so good to hang out with the distributors and owners of Osiris. It was a great idea to have the skaters out there meeting and getting to know everyone.
3. I know that you judged the contest out there with some of the other Osiris pros--what did you think of the Osiris Experience Contest as a whole? The Osiris Experience contests are amazing. All the guys in the event seemed like they had fun and it was good to see the Osiris owners there being involved with what’s going on. I look forward to more trips like this involving everyone at Osiris. It feels like a family which is what I am all about.
4. How has it been thus far skating for the revamped Powell Peralta Team? Powell Peralta was my favorite company growing up, so to be riding for them now and to have VCJ (the artist who did all the great Bones Brigade graphics) makes me so stoked and proud to have lived out my childhood dreams. The next few years for Powell Peralta are going to be huge. :)
5. I saw your latest Back Smith Ad with Shark Freestyle Watches--how did your skating for them come about? Skating for Shark watches came about from them needing someone to help promote their brand—someone who has knowledge of the industry. Shark watches is looking for skaters to build an AM team and eventually grow into something great. I am really looking forward to working with this company and using my experience to help them expand in this industry.
6. How has it been skating for Osiris over the years and what's next for Chad Bartie?Osiris has been an amazing shoe brand to skate for and to be a part of. Right now I’m finishing up for the Osiris video then the next few years I’ll be working on Powell Peralta video which will be my 15-year-being-pro part. I really want to focus and make it a 15 year worthwhile video part. We will see!