1. You've been doing quite a bit of traveling in the last couple months how has that been?
It's been really good! I've been going to so many good spots and skating with my friends. I'm stoked.
2. What are some of your plans for the rest of the summer?
Going to LA next week to skate with the DLX dudes. That should be sick. Brazil, Chile, Venezuela, and Columbia after that with Osiris. It's gonna be awesome, and just skate SD after that.
3. People might not know this but you are a big San Diego Chargers fan. Not too many people in skateboarding seem to be big football fans, do you think there are a lot of skaters out there that are closet fans?
Maybe. I know those Kansas skaters are pretty into it. It's fun to talk shit to them. Most skaters are probably not though.
4. Do you think anyone on the Chargers roster has got an ollie?
Hell yeah! Rivers and Gates can probably do tre flips. But in all reality Nate Keading looks like he can skate. He'd ollie high too.
5. It's a surprise to many people to find out that you grew up skating with Spanky, with him being associated with LA and you with SD, when was the last time you guys shredded together?
Yeah Its been a while, maybe like three years and that was only for a sec at the SF park. It's kinda like old times every time I see him though, but we don't get to skate much.
6. You have been a father now for over a year, how has it been juggling a daughter and skateboarding?
It was really hard at first not ever sleeping and all that, but I've got it down pretty good now.
7. You have a fair amount of people coming and going from your place. Who would you say is the best house guest?
That's a hard one. I'd say Bravo, but Kappel's a close second.
8. Fashion trends come and go in skateboarding, what's the next big thing?
I thought I was gonna bring camo back, but when I went to the East Coast last week I realized that shit never left. Maybe someone will start wearing overalls, that would be pretty funny.
9. Osiris filmer, Jim Kappel, doesn't eat real meals, only snacks, if he had to choose between beef jerky and sunflower seeds, which one do you think he would pick?
He'd pick beer.
10. Everyone always asks about the best Mexican food in SD county, lets switch gears a little, give me your favorite Italian spot?
Carmellas in San Marcos is the best I've ever had in the world.