- So Mr. Lupfer, how's life treating you right now in San Diego?
No complaints my friend. My days are filled with skating, and my nights are filled with "nunya."
- San Diego County is chock-full of amazing talent, who would you say are your top five favorite native sons?
Well as far as natives, you got SK858 holdin it down, J. Cao, and Jamie P. Then you got the transplants like Walker Ryan who's on a killing spree right now. I don't know man. Everyone. There really isn't cliques or vibes in San Diego. Everyone rips. Everyone gets along. It's mellow.
- Some people might not know this about you, but your mom is Australian and you traveled there quite a bit when you were younger. Can you ever see yourself cruising over there for a few years?
Oh man, if I won the lottery today I'd retire there tomorrow. I got citizenship. I'm chillin.
- Now on that same note, who are your top five favorite skaters from OZ? I'll just say Duncombe takes the cake. Dude's the homie, and he's definitely not afraid to charge some beers and shred.
- Recently it was announced that we are officially in a recession. Have you seen that affect the skateboarding industry?
Everyone Is losing their jobs and minds. Gotta keep your head up.
- A lot of people are really optimistic about what President Obama has planned, including trying to remedy our financial issues. How do you feel about the new guy going into action?
I'm just hyped there's a brotha in the white house. Time for a change for sure. Dudes legit. He'll handle it the best he can.
- Lets shift to something not so heavy. What's in your stereo on the way to the session?
Lil Wayne mixtapes. All day. Every day. If you don't like it, catch a ride with someone else.
- Who are you usually skating with on a daily basis?
I usually swoop up Ivery to film in the morning, which means afternoon and pretty much just skate with all my roommates and whoever else wants in.
- We all know that San Diego has the best Mexican food that you can find. When you have people coming through from out of town, what spot do you take them to?
Super Bronco in Linda Vista. Hands down best place. Right by the house and pretty ladies working there. Alllllllll good.
10. What's the burrito you get? Cali.
11. What is in store for you in 2009? Filmin for the Stereo vid. Shootin some flicks. Havin a good time.
Photos by Jason Hainault
[media id=25 width=518 height=406]