1. Yo Caswell. I know you’ve been in the game for quite a long time now. What was your first real sponsor brotha? Volcom since 1991 or something. I was a little rat that would fly around the skatepark with pads bigger than my limbs. Some of the Volcom guys came to the park and met me and my family, and they decided to give me clothes and have never stopped.
2. When you were younger what skate videos did you grow up watching? Did you have a favorite one? To get this straight, I started skating in 1990, so when I think of being younger and skating, I think of when I was 9 or 10. Back then all I had was some NSA Del Mar contest or Powell Peralta video. I usually opted for the Powell vids.
3. I read your recent Question Authority in the latest Skateboarder. It was a barrel of laughs. You’re talking about the 12-ounce lift and smoke in your lungs. Are you much of a partier, or do you only get loose when the time is right? Man, to tell you the truth, I rarely drink when at home. I like to relax. I mean, I’ll have an occasional drink at dinner or when skating a mini ramp. I smoke all the time though, like it is legal. You can do shit when you are feeling loose, which is to me the most important thing.
4. In Bag of Suck I noticed that you skate every type of terrain, but in the end of your part you smith grinded that beast of a rail. Do you skate big rails often? And what type of mind frame do you have before you try a move like that? Shoot, you gotta want it when doing some big rails. I used to think of an animal like a water buffalo and my favorite skater at the time. Another good thing to do is not think. If you can do that, you are the master of your domain!!!!
5. Enjoi is a lot of peoples favorite company. It looks like a tight group of homies having fun. How do you like skating for them thus far, and what’s the difference between skating for them compared to another board company? It’s pretty much the best thing for me. You have to know what you’re getting into you know? I think you have to mesh well with all of the dudes and like everyone genuinely. No disrespect to the other sponsors I’ve had, but I just didn’t feel close to them. You also gotta want to be a part of what’s going on as well. Like a well-oiled bearing is what kind of relationship you want with a sponsor. Does that even make sense? I’m kinda out of it!
6. Have you ever been to a San Jose Sharks game? Hell Yeah, I took my cousin to see one for a gift. It was ill as fuck! An energy was radiating from the crowd that I can’t even explain.
- 7. I know you’re filming for a couple of videos right now including our video Feed the Needand The Tilt Mode Vid. Looks like people are going to see a lot of you this year. When you film stuff do you usually plan tricks you’re going to do, or do you just go with the flow? When I plan things, they only turn out about half of the time. I like to just roll with the punches and see what happens.
8. Are you a Coca-Cola dude or a Pepsi guy? Fuck Pepsi!
9. Hypothetically speaking. If you were riding for Osiris during the Storm days and had to room with one of the riders from back then which one would it be? Jerry for sure.
10. I noticed you have a San Jose tattoo. Obviously you have San Jose pride. If you had to relocate to another city and could choose from any city in the world, which would it be and why? Australia seems to come to mind. Somewhere there maybe. They speak English and folks seem to be laid back.
11. If you had to choose one. Would you rather late shuv-it El Toro or go to the dentist for a week? Hahaha, I already done the week at the dentist. I went to the dentist last year something like 12 times. The first time I went in they laid down the law about flossing. I am now addicted to floss! I also used all of my insurance up. Luckily it wasn’t to late for my choppers.